Sumac Microfinance Bank is hiring again!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (BDM)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role holder will work closely with the Senior Management and Branch Managers to drive business growth, innovations and development.
This position directly supports the Branch managers, Relationship officers, Customer service officers to identify, develop and close sales opportunities.
The position also ensure high quality standards of customer experience is provided in order to attract, retain active and enthusiastic customers for increased sustainable business.
– Developing goals, business growth strategies and ensuring they are met.
– Champion growth of non-funded income lines to ensure a balanced healthy business.
– Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis and local
area customer trends and competitor offering.
– Communication, Marketing and PR
– Gathering Market Intelligence and sharing the same with Management
– Controlling the department expenses
– Develop Public Relations campaigns, communication and media relations strategies.
– Organizing regional client’s reconnections in collaboration with the branch managers.
– Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
– Proactively market lending and deposit opportunities from current and prospective
– Coordinate with team members and ensure customer satisfaction.
– Develop a high performing team through effective use of KPIs/ SMART targets and
timely reviews with active feedback and coaching.
– Ensure training of staff is carried out and business continuity plans are in place
– Conduct regular meetings with branch staff to ensure all staff are on track on
performance, receive feedback on any issues arising from the business and support those
with performance challenges.
– Ensure the branch achieves service excellence by closely monitoring and improving
customer service standards.
– Ensure stellar customer service and prompt attendance to any customer complaints.
– Manage call center operations and participate in management meetings.
– Proven business development capabilities with a strong track-record of converted
– Three years overall banking experience with one in management level.
– Experience in banking operational, digital strategy and digital banking is an added
– Strong commercial judgement and decision-making skills
– Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing field.
– Four years’ experience in sales, marketing or related field.
– Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty well.
– Experience with design and implementation of business development strategies.
– Analytical skills
– Credit lending in Banking/Microfinance sector will be an added advantage
Applications should reach our offices through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 26, 2020. Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our Head Office on 2nd Floor, Consolidated Bank House, Koinange Street Nairobi. Call us on 0725 223 499 for any clarifications on the above advertisement.