Sumac Insurance Agency Ltd is recruiting an Accountant.
The following are the highlights of this vacancy;
Sumac Insurance Agency Ltd – Accountant
Purpose of the Job
The Account’s overall purpose is to consolidate the account operations to ensure efficiency and timeliness in the accounting duties with the objective of impacting the bottom-line positively.
Financial Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of the finance agenda for the company in areas of financial reporting, tax and regulatory reporting.
- Oversee the timely completion of period end closure processes with accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Also, preparation of a detailed analysis and explanations of variances.
- Ensuring data integrity of the financial application and ensuring the transactions agree with the core operating systems. Validation of balance sheet accounts and ensuring they are analyzed and can be supported.
- Confirming accurate capture of all revenue by performing appropriate checks and reviews on client ledgers.
- Timely and up to date bank reconciliations.
- Monthly preparation of intermediaries’ statement and ensure premium are collected as per company guidelines
- Resolve any dispute from intermediaries and client’s statements within timelines set in service charter
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and financial requirements.
- Lead and manage the preparation of annual budgets and 5-year projections.
- Liaise with auditors, actuary and tax advisors and manage timely audit of final accounts.
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices in all the above-highlighted areas.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant financial information and data to support the CEO and department heads in decision making.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required from time to time for efficiency and effectiveness.
Competence and Skills
- Ownership & Commitment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong technical Skills
- A Bachelor Degree in a business-related field
- Trained and qualified in accountancy profession (CPA/ACCA)
Applicants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than November 16, 2020. You can also drop you application at our Head Office on Consolidated Bank House, 2nd Floor, along Koinange Street, Nairobi.